It looks like many folks are getting rained on this Saturday.
Normally I LOVE rainy days. But not on Saturday when all the kids are home from school, and we had grand plans to be outdoors most of the day.
Plan A, we were going to wake up and go Treasure Hunting and to the Lumberjack Festival.
When days like this happen, and I don’t use some quick thinking to get the minds of five kids occupied, there are usually a few key phrases on that will be spoken over and over, above all the loud screaming chaos that is…
“Share with your brother”
“I don’t want to watch what he’s watching on TV”
“Why did you do that?”
“Go to your room”
“Apologize to your sister”
“He hit me!”
Anyway, you get the picture right? I’m sure this is only my household and my little lovely kiddos, so bear with me.
This is why it’s important to have a back up plan. Usually it involves lots of crayons, glue, and water color paint, board games, and a Wii.
In the mean time, I also have a Plan B to get us out of the four walls today. A trip to Home Depot’s Kid’s Workshop, maybe some thrifting, a visit to Barnes & Noble, and a redbox DVD later tonight.
Or maybe, just maybe we’ll go with Plan C… To all go outside and play in the rain, make mudpies, and just get filthy dirty.
I’ll keep you posted…
The day is finally winding down, and my kids are becoming sleepy little couch potatoes. I think I’ve succeeded in keeping them busy today.
Here’s how we broke it down…
– A trip to Home Depot Kid’s Workshop to make race cars
– Lifeway for a Veggie Tales Easter event and to pick up the new Easter dvd I pre-ordered. I also grabbed a few Veggie Tales books for the littles they had on sale for only 99 cents.
– ToysRUs for BigC to spend some birthday money that was burning a hole in his pocket. BigB ended up doing the same with report card money.
– Chick-fil-A for lunch and some playground action. This is where we spilled a very full cup of Sprite, and recieved a few dirty looks from the more perfect patrons of Chick-fil-A. I’m pretty sure we also inconvenienced the teenage worker who had to stop doing nothing and actually work to clean up the mess.
– SuperThrift, one of those thrift stores that either has awesome goodies, or nothing at all. Today we found a vintage Fisher Price Little People school house, a brand new pack of Star Wars playing cards, and BigB found a game controller for the Wii.
– Took Little Man home for his nap. While he was sleeping, we implimented Plan C, and played outside in the rain. That was probably the best part of the whole day! I have to admit, while I did put on “rain clothes”, I mostly stayed under the umbrella. I did it in the name of my mother’s camera I’ve been borrowing. Do you remember as a kid jumping on a wet trampoline, how high you can go?
We’re finishing off the evening with the MegaMind dvd that we rented from Redbox. We’ve had a blast today.
Life is Good!