Have you a by-the-pound Goodwill? If not, and you’re a true born thrifter, you’ll want to experience one. The only one I’ve ever been to is in Nashville, where I’ve found many hidden gems.
- As always, I lightly sanded the stool, and gave it a good coat of while primer. Then, I painted the sides a chocolate brown, and the top a bright white. Sorry, forgot to take pics of those steps, but you get the idea.
- Next, I printed a picture I found online, used a sheet of tracing paper under it, and traced the outline of Yoda.
- Then, I outlined Yoda again with paint pens so that I’d still see the lines when I started painting.
- From this point, it’s a bit like a coloring book. If you can stay within the lines, you’ll do fine. If you can’t, or you make a mistake, just remember it’s paint. It can always be painted over. Once the image is all painted in, go back over the lines again with your paint pen to make them pop. I added a few words to mine, but you don’t have to.
- Last, I used a water based, clear acrylic sealer. I let is set overnight, and by the next day, it’s ready to use.