- A wood sign. I found this oval at Goodwill for 99¢ but most craft stores carry similar items.
- Spray paint, I used my favorite blue by Krylon
- Craft paints. You can see I used a variety of brands and colors, just because they’re what I had on hand.
- White pen and/or a liner brush
- A small flat brush
- A print-out of your design if you won’t be free-handing your letters, as well as a piece of tracing paper
Using a white paint pen or a small liner brush (your preference), paint over your letters.
At this point, I also painted the outside border of my wood piece for an extra pop of color and detail.
Finally, I used my paint pen to free-hand a few swirls, and some polka dots along the outer border, as well as some dots on the cupcake icing to look like sprinkles.
I’m going to be writing many more how-to painting tutorials, so stay tuned!