Emmy Rossum’s album, Sentimental Journey, was released January 29th, 2013 and is available to purchase on Amazon.
You can also listen to her album on Amazon Music Unlimited. If you’re not already signed up, try Amazon Music Unlimited 30-Day Free Trial!
This album isn’t full of your typical top 40 radio hits of our time, Sentimental Journey is a collection of classic covers that take us through the American Songbook of the last century. Think vintage all the way! While listening, I felt like I was taking a step back into a USO during WWII, and I absolutely love the sound of yesteryear.
Another element that makes this album a most unique musical journey, which has been called “Emmy’s 12-song ‘passion project’ is that each song represents a month in the year.
Each song needed to either lyrically or emotionally reflect the corresponding month,” Emmy explained. “Some songs were obvious fits, like Summer Wind for June, and Pretty Paper for December. Others songs were less literal fits. I chose Nobody Knows You (When You’re Down and Out) for September because, to me, the plaintive melody and lyric emotionally reflect the cold weather creeping in and the sense of melancholy we can get in the fall months.”
- “Sentimental Journey” (Les Brown, Ben Homer, Arthur Green)
- “The Object Of My Affection” (Pinky Tomlin)
- “I’m Looking Over A Four Leaf Clover “(Mort Dixon, Harry M. Woods)
- “These Foolish Things (Remind Me Of You)” (Eric Maschwitz, Jack Strachey)
- “(I’ll Be With You) In Apple Blossom Time” (Albert Von Tilzer, Neville Fleeson)
- “Summer Wind” (Heinz Meier, Johnny Mercer)
- “Many Tears Ago” (Winfield Scott)
- “All I Do Is Dream Of You” (Nacio Herb Brown, Arthur Freed)
- “Nobody Knows You When You’re Down And Out” (Jimmy Cox)
- “Autumn Leaves” (Joseph Kosma, Jacques Prévert)
- “Things” (Bobby Darin)
- “Pretty Paper” (Willie Nelson)
You can find Emmy Rossum on Twitter and these 2013 scheduled TV appearances-
Access Hollywood Live on January 25th.
Conan on January 28th
Chelsea Lately on January 29th
The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on February 6th.
I participated in this campaign for One2One Network. I received a free copy of the CD to facilitate my review and for posting, I am eligible for incentives. However, I am not required to give a positive review, and as always all opinions stated are my own.