The other recipes called for topping the shells with salsa which I did not use. I thought an enchilada sauce would be much better in this recipe and we loved it!!!!
This recipe was really easy, can be changed a million ways and best of all will freeze beautifully.
- Box of Pasta Shells (stuffing size) Boiled to al dente and cooled
- 2 Pounds Hamburger browned, drained (seasoned with taco seasoning optional)
- Large Can Refried Beans
- 8 oz Block of Colby Jack Cheese (shredded)
- 8 oz Block of Pepperjack Cheese (shredded)
- 2 Cans Enchilada Sauce
- Scallions chopped
- Spoon a little enchilada sauce on bottom of 9×13 pyrex dish.
- Mix refried beans, cooked hamburger and 3/4 of the shredded cheese.
- Spoon bean, cheese, meat filling into the boiled and cooled shells.
- Place into pyrex.
- Cover shells with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Bake covered at 350 till bubbly.
- Top with chopped scallions and serve.
Thanks so much to Parrish (one of my Lovely Ladies link party co-hosts) for sharing your recipe with us! With over 27,000 pins I’d say this is a tried and true meal, and will definitely be added to our family menu. Readers, make sure you stop by Life with the Crust Cut Off and say hello!
Like what you’ve seen? Follow along