When the hot July sun is bearing down, there’s nothing better than a cool refreshing beverage! This Arnold Palmer Frosty is what summer dreams in the South are made of- sweet tea and zesty lemonade.
As a Florida girl, I grew up on those two drinks at every cookout, picnic, and party. But, I was never introduced to an Arnold Palmer (or, half & half) until I met my husband who’s from Chicago.
Oh, what I had been missing!
Now we’re the ones hosting the parties and cookouts. And because now it’s up to us to provide delicious refreshments for our friends and family, and you can bet some version of tea, lemonade, or the combo of both will be served.
In case you’re still wondering what exactly an Arnold Palmer is (for example, if you’re like me and had no idea until you were a full grown adult, geeze) here’s the definition-
An Arnold Palmer is a beverage of iced tea and lemonade, named after American golfer Arnold Palmer. An alcoholic version of the “Arnold Palmer” (generally made with vodka) is called a John Daly.
Because it’s July, it’s time for another round of The Ultimate Recipe Challenge hosted by The Kim Six Fix, and the theme this month is Beverages.
Yes! That means it’s the perfect time to share my recipe for my Arnold Palmer Frosty. You won’t believe how easy this is. It can be served as a dessert after you’ve eaten all your burgers and hotdogs at your next summer cookout. While you could spike it, my version is family friendly all around so that the kids can enjoy it too.
- 1/8 cup of Country Time Half & Half
- 3-4 cups of creamy vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup of Milos sweet tea
- Whipped cream topping "optional*
- Let ice-cream get soft by removing from the freezer a few minutes before you begin the beverage.
- Combine the Half & Half powder to tea and stir well until the powder is completely dissolved.
- In a blender, combine the ice cream and half & half and blend until well mixed.
- Ready to be served right away.
- Recipe makes one tall glass
The Ultimate Recipe Challenge is a group of fun bloggers, and bi-monthly we participate in a challenge using a certain ingredient.
Challenges will be hosted in January, March, May, July, Sept, and November.